Driving Lesson Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are agreed upon the purchase of lessons and prior to first lessons.
- You MUST inform your instructor of any Covid symptoms 48hrs prior to lesson, even if minor, or the lesson will not go ahead and you may be charged.
- You MUST sign a waiver form to disclose that your instructor will inform you of any changes to their health and that you cannot sue or take any legal action against your instructor if you become ill, as it WILL NOT be because of your driving lessons. Cars are ALWAYS cleaned and sanitised after every lesson and your instructor will ALWAYS wear a mask during the lessons and WILL NOT conduct a lesson if they are ill. Your instructor will take a test if they have any symptoms of Covid and inform you of the result if there are any changes to their health.
- Masks MUST be worn to every lesson, or the lesson will not go ahead and you will be charged. People who are exempt will have to show their badge PRIOR to entering the vehicle.
- You MUST bring hand sanitiser or sanitise your hands before you touch anything in the car.
- You MUST NOT remove your face covering unless you are outside of the vehicle.
In order to have driving lessons you must:
- Be aged 17 or older (16 or over under certain circumstances)
- Hold a driving license that is valid for the UK (provisional, full or an appropriate foreign license) It is your responsibility to provide your instructor with proof that you have a valid license to drive before the commencement of your first driving lesson. If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson but may still charge you for such driving lesson.
It is also your responsibility to pass an eyesight check prior to driving during your lesson. If you fail to read a number plate from a minimum of 20 meters, your lesson will not commence and you will be charged.
Driving lessons are a minimum of an hour and a half and can go up to 4 hours in length in a day. The lesson will start on time, unless the instructor is running late in which they will apologise and they will try to inform you of this prior. The lesson will end within the agreed time, and feedback will be given.
If you require any breaks/assistance with anything for any reason, please inform your instructor so they can help accommodate for this.
If you are starting or finishing the lesson in a different place than stated, please inform your instructor at least 24 hours in advance. This location must not be outside of the areas of work, as the instructor will not commute to that destination.
Areas of work
The areas covered by your instructor are as follows:
- Exeter and surrounding 5 mile radius.
Post Codes: EX1, EX2, EX3, EX4, EX5, EX6 & EX7
Payment is accepted via cash or bank transfer. If you choose cash, you must pay at the start of the lesson and will receive a receipt if required. If you choose to pay via bank transfer, a deposit of £40 must be paid at least 48 hours before the lesson to secure it. This deposit does not pay for the lesson. If you pay via bank transfer for the lesson, the initial lesson price goes on top of the deposit to pay for the lesson in advance. Deposits are non-refundable.
If you pay in advance for more than one lesson, these will be accredited to your upcoming lessons.
The cancellation notice period is 48 hours prior to lesson. If you cancel within this 48 hour period, you will be charged the full value of the lesson due to short-notice. If you cancel within these 48 hours, and you are charged, you will need to send another deposit prior to the lesson, or it will be cancelled.
If lessons are cancelled within 48 hours, you’re later than 10 minutes without prior warning, or a no-show occurs, you will be charged the lesson fee. If this happens on three occasions, termination of your agreement will commence. Your instructor holds the right to remove you from their schedule and you will be charged.
Tests will be made by either you or your instructor. You are responsible of paying for your test.
If you book the test, you MUST inform your instructor at least 2 weeks in advance. If you are not ready for your test, your instructor will inform you and advice to re-book. If you do not agree with this, your instructor holds the right to withdraw taking you to test in their vehicle and will not be liable or held responsible; this also includes any test cancellations made via emails from the DVSA.
Tests will be a minimum of 2 hours payment. This is for a lesson prior to test and then the test hire of the vehicle. If you use your own vehicle for test but need your instructor present, the 2 hour test fee is still in effect; this covers your instructor’s time travelling and being at the test centre.
If your instructor books your test, you MUST pay for the test in full before they book it. Your instructor will inform you of any changes to the booking if any occur. If you are not ready for test, you MUST inform your instructor if you want to change or cancel your booking at least 3 working days in advance, or you will lose your test booking fee. If your instructor deems you not ready for test, they reserve the right to discuss and agree on moving your test back to a suitable time for you both.
Any pre-paid lesson time remaining once you have completed your test/conclude lessons, will be sent to you via bank transfer.
Any introductory offers advertised are only for first-time purchases, and cannot be redeemed for the same person twice. If this occurs, you will be accredited time for the amount paid, not equal to the original offer.
Your instructor is not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body;
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach of a legal duty
- Any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you; or
- Any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
- Your instructor shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
No personal information is kept or used without the permissions of the party.
The use of personal data is to record-keep, and as means of necessary contact during the period of first contact, up until test, or conclusion of lessons.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Instructor Training Ts and Cs
As above plus:
Proof of Passing
P1, P2 and P3 pass proof required prior to booking any further training. Send this to your trainer via email.
Transfer of funds
Any monies received by you are non-refundable in the case of P2 and P3 training costs.
Any training not received will not be recoverable.
P2 and P3 tests
Part 2 and 3 are paid for by the customer and details of test are not the responsibility of the trainer.
If you fail P2 3 times, you will not be able to continue your training.
If you fail P3 3 times, you cannot qualify as an ADI, and will need to wait 2 years to re-apply from the date your P1 runs out.
Extra session time
If you need more training time, your trainer will provide you with their expert advice prior to test. They will advise you if you are ready to pass P2/P3 5 working days MINIMUM before your test.
If you paid for a package, extra time will not be included in the package cost, and you will need to purchase more before continuing with your training.
If any signs of misconduct in the form of abuse (verbal/physical) become apparent, no warnings will be given and training will stop with immediate effect. KTDD will not be responsible for any resulted loss of monies due to discontinuance of your training. KTDD will not be responsible for providing means of transport once you leave the vehicle.
If you refuse to abide by these terms, the police will be called to assist with removal. KTDD do not tolerate abuse of any kind and will not be responsible if police become involved, KTDD will assist the police where necessary.
KTDD will abide by all laws, and will not let you break the law under any circumstances. If you do, and you ignore warning from your trainer, this will terminate your training with immediate effect.