- How can I book in a driving lesson?
- How many hours do I need to learn to drive and pass my test?
It varies drastically, the DVSA guidelines recommend on average it takes 45 hours in lessons. Your instructor is the expert, they will tell you when you’re ready and make sure you feel confident enough in yourself, too!
- How much are lessons and are there discounts?
- Why choose KTDD to learn with?
KTDD has exceptionally high standards as well as pass rates. You will get a driving package designed to suit your individual needs, as well as materials to show your progress in the form of a record card. You will be able to contact your instructor directly, for any driving related needs and queries!
- What areas do KTDD cover?
KTDD operates in Exeter and surrounding areas within a 5 mile radius.
- How long is a driving lesson?
Typically, driving lessons are 2 hours as standard. If you prefer, there is also the option of 1.5 hour lessons.
- Can I book for someone else?
Yes! The same process occurs for booking in a lesson, as seen above.
- Is there a waiting list?
Typically, yes. Due to Covid, waiting times are usually 6+ months.
- Do I need a license to be in the car with one of the instructors?
Yes! If you’re a learner, you will need a provisional license.
If you have passed your test, you will have your full driver license required to prove your identity.
If you have a foreign license, this will need to be checked online to see if you need to apply for a UK provisional or exchange it. Full details can be found here.
- What are the terms and conditions for learning to drive?
All of the details of the Ts & Cs can be found here.
These are put in place to ensure you remain responsible for your driving journey and to protect not only you, but your instructor!
- Why is a deposit required?
A deposit secures your booking, without one, that space will be open for anyone to book in.
The deposit is the price of the lesson you booked in. Therefore, the lesson will be paid for in advance. If you cannot make the set lesson, 48 hrs notice is required, or you lose your deposit (unless agreed otherwise).
- Can I pay via other means?
Yes! You are able to pay via direct debit, cash and online payments. If you wish to do so, contact us!
- How do I book in my theory/driving test?
- My question isn’t listed here!?
Not to worry, feel free to contact us via the form or any social media platform and we’ll do our best to answer your query directly.